The Parker School was built in 1896. It was located at the intersection of South Main, Bowman and A Streets on the west side of Manchester. It was named after William Parker. Parker School was open until 1969 when it was closed along with Varney School and a larger school was built a half mile away. Parker-Varney School was dedicated on November 15, 1970. Today the Parker-Varney School is located on 223 James Pollock Dr. Manchester NH 03012.